Friday, August 6, 2010

Title of the Blog

Hey all,

I wanted to say a couple words of where the title of my blog "Mountains Beyond Mountains" came from.  The Arcade Fire is one of my favorite bands of all time; if you have never heard of them, shame on you!  They are, in a word, brilliant, and easily one of the best alternative bands to come out in a long time.  Their song "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)" is from their newest album, "The Suburbs" and the song encapsulates everything that's great about the band in a five minute short story.  I also found out that there is a book Mountains Beyond Mountains about a man who tried to cure the world of its ailments, and it won a Pulitzer Prize.  (I intend to read that book, and I will post an opinion about it when I am finished.) Lastly but definitely not least-ly, the blog's title talks about how I feel my life is sometimes--like hurdles after hurdles to overcome.  But mountains are also stalwart, which I feel encompasses me too.  (Feel free to roll your eyes here at how profound I'm making this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment